So we've decided on bedding and a "theme" for the nursery. Jeremy and I had a really hard time agreeing and choosing which bedding we both liked. Before we even knew the sex of our baby I was thinking about doing an outdoor/nature theme in the nursery. Our good friend, Patrick, who was at ECU with me as a painting major offered to do a mural for us for the baby's room. I had it in my mind that I wanted him to paint trees for us, so I knew I wanted a bedding set that could go along with that. Of course those who know me, also know that I am very picky and I didn't want anything too "babyish." I really liked some modern prints that I found but of course they all cost in the $300 range! Yikes- that just seems a little crazy if you ask me. So, when I saw this one I felt that it was a good compromise and luckily Jeremy agreed to it. At first I thought the turtles were a bit much, but I decided that most of the set isn't really necessary and would be turtle overkill. It's called Mod Turtle Baby Bedding. My Mom and I found it at babysupermall.com and then saw that JCPenney has it as well, but it's more expensive there even on sale. We haven't ordered it yet, but I think I will when I get paid next. I've decided that the only pieces I really want are the 4 piece bedding set (includes the dust ruffle, bumper, sheet, and quilt), the mobile and the drapes, but not the valance. (Again, too much turtle!) The diaper stacker and hamper are cute, but I don't feel like I have to have them. We'll see. So anyway, here is a picture.

Now that we have that picked out we are able to buy paint. I think we've decided to paint 1 wall blue and the rest a beigey/tan color. We're looking for something similar to these paint swatches. The blue wall is where Patrick will paint the mural. I'm very excited to start on the painting. I know Patrick will do a great job and I can't wait to see how it turns out!

5 comments:
very cute!!! i like the turtles!!!
i love turtles! they are my fav. animal!... thanks for the bday wishes too. cant wait to see you
cousin Katie
this is going to be really cute. i have never seen anyone go with the turtle theme. very nice.
I think the turtles are really cute. But I especially like the brown and blue together. Its good that you have figured out you don't need all the stuff they try to sell you. I ended up with way more things than I needed. I rarely used a changing table (the couch, the bed, the floor etc did fine). And Gene slept in a bouncy seat on the floor right next to me for the first 6 months of his life! Now those things are a must-bouncy seats!!!
April Briggs
Thanks for the advice April! My Mom has already bought a bouncy seat for us and my friend Sheila has also offered us hers. Both will come in handy so I can have 1 at home and the other at Laurie's studio!
Post a Comment