11.09.2008
My poor birthday boy
So today is Jasper's 7th birthday and I am so sad that he has had to spend it all alone in the doggy hospital. Last night he became very sick with vomiting and bloody diarrhea, which began around 11pm. After staying up with him all night, and watching him continue to get worse, Jeremy and I finally decided at 3:30 in morning that he needed to go to the after hours emergency clinic. It seems as though he has a bacterial infection. His blood work all looked good, thankfully, so they gave him an IV with fluids because he was so terribly dehydrated, gave him some good strong antibiotics and pain medicine. I left the clinic at 6:00 this morning to come home and sleep for 2 hours before Rivers was ready for his next meal. Luckily I was able to get 2 more hours of sleep after that, but it still wasn't enough. I'm exhausted and I've missed my poochy all day. I feel so horrible for him, he was absolutely pitiful last night. When I called to check on him this afternoon they said he was resting comfortably, the vomiting and diarrhea had stopped so he seemed to be responding well to the antibiotics. I will go and pick him up at 6:00 in the morning, which will then be followed by a visit to our regular vet. Its been anything but a relaxing weekend, and I'm just hoping and praying that Jasper will be well enough to come home with me tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
oohh no, ooh you!!! I hate to hear that! I'll call you tomorrow, I mean today (it's after 2am) to check on you guys!
Oh, poor Jasper. We hope that he had a good birthday and that he's feeling better now. Our first babies (our animals) are getting so old. Moby is already 6
Post a Comment