12.05.2008

Rolling on the River

Guess who rolled over today?! And I'm so sad to say that I missed it! I put Rivers down on his play mat on the floor of our bedroom while I hopped in the shower. Just as I'm getting out I hear him starting to do his frustrated cry. So I grab the towel and walk out to see him rolled over on his belly!!! He was mad because he was stuck and couldn't roll back over! He must have surprised himself because normally he can roll from his tummy to his back, but this was the first time he's rolled from his back to his tummy. Very exciting, even if I didn't see it actually happen. At least I saw the aftermath! So anyway, I got him on his back and we stayed on the floor and played for a while- I was very much hoping he would roll again but of course, he didn't. There is always tomorrow... And meanwhile, I keep singing that song to myself, Rolling! Rolling! Rolling on the River!

Here are some cutie pics of my cutie pie!




5 comments:

laurie said...

ohh no, wait till he does it at night and you come in and find him in the morning on his belly. that's so exciting!!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe he didn't wait for me to be there! He kept doing those half rolls while I was there so, Watch out; he'll soon be rolling everywhere.

creative gal said...

Love the pictures!

Unknown said...

hi there! so much i want to talk to you about. i am going to try and call you tomorrow, although i may not until this weekend. but let's please talk soon. rivers is so adorable!

Anonymous said...

Happy 5 month Birthday Rivers!