I'm about 8.5 weeks now! Today was my very first appointment (other than the ultrasound)! It wasn't especially exciting other than being given a bunch of free goodies! We were also given our estimated bill...yikes! But, that was to be expected. Luckily we have the next 7 months to pay it off before we're hit with the hospital bill (can't wait for that)!
Let me preface this by saying that 1) I'm hormonal and 2) I know life isn't fair, BUT...It's simply not fair that responsible, hard working, married adults (with insurance) such as ourselves get hit with these ridiculous medical costs, while my paycheck is being taxed to pay for others (many without jobs) FREE medicaid prenatal and natal care. WTF? It's just not fair! Okay, my rant is over, for now.
Anyway, I was poked and prodded today, but was told by the doctor that everything looks great and my uterus feels like it's growing at a normal rate. Hooray! I am scheduled to go back in 4 weeks when I'll be about 13 weeks. My Dr. said we should be able to hear the heartbeat through my belly by that point, which is really exciting. Jeremy is hoping to go with me to that appointment.
I'm hoping to post some belly pictures up here soon. I was going to do it tonight, but it is past my bedtime, so oh well...
1 comment:
Hey Bethy! I'm so glad you started a blog. What a great way to keep everyone posted! Love you!
Post a Comment