2.18.2008
What a great weekend with my Mom! She came down for a visit on Thursday and I just got her back to the airport today. I already miss her. We spent our time together shopping and driving. We were pretty good about shopping especially since we don't know the sex of the baby yet, but we did buy some green unisex gowns for the baby. I got some much needed maternity pants which I'm looking forward to wearing this week to work and Jeremy even picked out a diaper bag! I would add some pictures, but I'm upstairs and the camera is downstairs- yes, I'm lazy. The driving was to look at houses and check out surrounding areas as possible places for my parents to live. We drove to Zebulon, Clayton, Smithfield, Washington, and then around the Greenville, Winterville, and Simpson area. It kind of brought me back to my days of learning how to drive. My Mom and I spent many hours in my car together when I was 16. Now here we were this weekend (almost 10 years later) just driving around, talking, trying our best not to get lost. It was wonderful. Isn't it crazy how the time flies by? In one way I find it so hard to believe that I was 16 ten years ago. But then again, I've done so much and experienced so many things that yes, I can believe it. I was talking to my friend Courtney today and she asked me to do her son's 18 month old picture. Again, I couldn't believe he is 18 months old already. It seems like just a couple months ago he was a tiny baby and now he's running around getting into everything and saying "No" to any question you ask him! Even with my pregnancy I can't believe I'm 18 weeks along. I stopped today and just thought to myself, I'm almost half way through this whole amazing experience. As exciting as it is, its also kind of scary. Am I going to be ready when the time comes? We find out what this little one is in 10 days and then we can get started with painting the nursery, buying the furniture, etc. I think it will all feel more real then and hopefully I'll start feeling more prepared. I'm pretty sure (maybe 85% sure) I felt the baby this weekend. On Saturday night I was laying on the couch watching a movie and felt a little flutter. I thought to myself that maybe it was the baby but wasn't for sure. Then tonight Jeremy and I were on our way to dinner and I felt a flutter again. After feeling that again, I'm almost positive that it was our little one moving around in there. Both times it happened so fast and then it stopped just as quickly. How very cool!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I know-it's so crazy that we have been out of high school for 8 years now, and we're married with kids...it's awesome though! It's so cool that you felt the baby kick and I'm counting down the days to when you go to the doctor!! I'm so happy that you & your mom had such a nice visit! It's great that they are finally moving down there too. So of course you are going to be scared about having a baby- it would be scary if you weren't feeling this. And believe me- it all comes to you, being a mother will be natural to you-i know you will be amazing! and Jeremy too! Love you & miss you SOOOOO much!
Post a Comment