5.16.2008

30 week appointment

Just a small update...I had my latest Dr. appointment today and all is continuing to go well. I've graduated- I now have appointments every 2 weeks. I'm still gaining weight- like as if I hadn't noticed that! My blood pressure is good, my uterus is measuring right on track- Rivers little heart is beating away at a steady 150 bpm.
I remember when we went for the first time to hear the heartbeat and the nurse really had to push on my abdomen very low in order to hear the faint little flutter. Today, she put the doppler lightly on my belly near my belly button and loud and clear was the thumping of his heart. Its always so wonderful to hear especially now that its so clear!
He still seems to be positioned head down- although the child squirms around so much I wouldn't doubt if he's doing summersaults in there! I feel him constantly and all over my belly- down low, up high, on the sides. I love it though and I wouldn't want it any other way! I think his feet are positioned about 4 or 5 inches above my belly button. There is a little hard lump that has been there for the past few weeks and I'm contantly feeling a pushing sensation there- like he's trying to stretch his little legs out. Bless his heart- I know he's running out of room!
I can hardly believe he'll be here in about 10 weeks! I've begun panicing this week because we have so much to do still. I know it will all come together, but I just wish it was happening a little faster! Anyway, thats all for now!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see that all is going well, hope to see you next month,too.

laurie said...

10 weeks wow!! I know you guys are so excited to hold Rivers in your arms and I hope I get to catch every minute of it for you guys!

Anonymous said...

great news! i am so happy that everything is going so well for you guys. thanks for sharing the wonderful updates/pictures.

Elizabeth said...

Not much longer to go! Soon Little Rivers will be in your arm's and it will feel like his always been here. don't worry about getting everything perfect it will all come together you need to take it easy now. They need so little at first. Can't wait to here the new's.