1.16.2009
I just realized that I never put an updated post about Rivers' follow up appointment for his weight. We went back at 5 months old on 12/19 to be weighed again. He was 15 lbs. 14 oz. which still had him in the 50th percentile. We saw a different doctor this time who was much more knowledgeable about breastfed babies. The doctor said everything was just fine and right on track with his weight gain. In fact he was surprised to see that Rivers hadn't dropped down further in percentiles. He explained exactly what the article I had found said. Basically that breastfed babies gain the most weight between birth - 3 months and then tend to gain less from 3 months - 1 year. So no reason to worry- he is still perfectly average! I was so glad to have seen a doctor who not only was knowledgeable about breastfeeding but was also very supportive about it. He also encouraged my decision to hold off on solid food until 6 months (which is also what the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends). It was a very good check up and I really liked that doctor. We'll be going back again soon, but this time there will be more horrible shots involved.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I can't believe that today is your 6 month birthday, and we're not together.
Missin ya, wish I was Kissin Ya.
See you in 4 weeks!
Post a Comment