1.16.2008

13 weeks!

Yay! I'm moving on in to the 2nd trimester! We had our latest check up yesterday and we heard the beautiful sound of our little baby's beating heart! It was beating at a strong and healthy 168 beats per minute and was SO reassuring to hear! I had both Jeremy and Laurie there with me- I felt like a celebrity with my own personal photographer! I'll post pics as soon as I get 'em from Laurie. Anyway, other than the heartbeat it was a pretty boring appointment. The doctor said everything seems to be going great. I'll go back in 3 weeks for my next check up, which will be about the same as this past one (we'll hear the heart again). Then 3 weeks after that we will have our ultrasound and find out if we're having a boy or girl! I guess that will be either the last week in Feb. or the first week in March- I can't wait for that!

2 comments:

The Mathers family said...

So happy to hear that your Dr. appointment went well- the heartbeat was awesome huh? The legend goes that if it is more than 140 beats per minute- it means it is a boy, but i picture you guys with a little girl!! Oh I can't wait to find out too! love ya

Unknown said...

Well I thought it was going to be a boy, so according to Sheila's legend, I'm right! Glad to hear all is going well. Oh, are you getting sick or not? That's an indicator too, right?